Running paid search in restricted verticals like Financial Services or Prescription Medication is challenging, but can also be rewarding if successful. The difficulty acts as a barrier to entry and utilizing an agency with experience navigating these hurdles is the best option.
Our agency eAccountable has a storied history of launching brands in many restricted verticals. Here are a few examples.
- An online pet pharmaceutical provider needed to expand their digital advertising. eAccountable worked through the process of registering this brand as an approved pharmaceutical seller on Google and became their top revenue channel.
- A leading gun manufacturer launches a lifestyle clothing company selling both gear and accessories. Unfortunately their brand name is specifically blocked from running ads on all Google searches, so instead of text-ad campaigns we’ve found success in Google Shopping ads.
- The top CBD company in America was not allowed to run paid ads due to cannabis still being federally listed as a controlled substance. eAccountable assisted in them joining a pilot program with Google allowing them to bid on their brand name and bringing that traffic to a sister site that does not specifically mention CBD. Additionally workarounds were found running some traffic through Bing Ads as well.
- An adult toy retailer could not run top of funnel campaigns like display, or even show Shopping Ads on the first page due to sexual content restrictions. eAccountable worked to focus on manufacturer text-ad based campaigns and producing keyword rich content to help organic rankings.
- A leading FinTech provider of home investments recently fell under Google’s new personalized advertising policies. These include restrictions on ads for Housing and Credit offers, as well as preventing the targeting of users disproportionately affected by societal biases; like housing, employment, and credit. eAccountable ensured all compliance measures were enacted, including updated geo-targeting, to have the account serving fully in all auctions.
If you were paying attention, yes we help sell sex, drugs, and gun accessories, so whatever your product is we can help you!
A good resource in many categories, like supplements, is searching Legit Script for disapproved substances. Google references this list when reviewing keywords, ads and product data in Google Merchant Center. Manufacturers can work to become listed and certified on Legit Script; including CBD brands. They can also work to have their products FDA registered, or even better include ingredients that are already FDA approved.
Google in September 2021 will introduce a new strike-based system to enforce against advertisers who repeatedly violate Google Ads policies. These policies include: Enabling dishonest behavior, Unapproved substances, Guns, gun parts and related products, Explosives, Other Weapons, and Tobacco. However they’ll be expanded to include other policies later in the year.
This means moving forward if you continue to receive policy violations your account will be suspended, so the stakes for compliance are higher than ever. eAccountable is proactive within the quickly changing rules and regulations surrounding paid search.
Trust our team of experts to understand the best ways to spend your limited ad budget and ensure we drive new customers to you. We are 100% transparent in our strategy recommendations and process. If you don’t know that keyword match types have changed, or that smart bidding dominates paid search, or what ad types will work best for your goals – don’t worry we do!
Let us help you sell through Google and Microsoft Advertising. Reach out today and we’ll provide a free consultation for your unique situation.