I’m not Santa, but I’ve still got my Naughty and Nice List. However, my list isn’t about specific people that have been good or bad this year, but rather trends or issues that impact the performance marketing industry – both positively and negatively.
I’m thrilled to note that for 2015 the Nice far outweighs Naughty. I’m also hoping that 2016 will be the year that the industry can change or at least mitigate some of the naughty.
- Individual state regulations around Nexus taxes
- Ad blocking
- Retailers new to the online space that have unrealistic expectations of instant results
- A handful of bad actors that continue to find new ways to game the industry and perpetrate unethical practices without consequences
- eAccountable getting ready to celebrate it’s 16-year anniversary in 2016
- Growing awareness of affiliate marketing as a viable, proven channel for customer acquisition. Thank you Business Intelligence for your timely case study and research.
- The explosion of mobile for shopping and overtaking desktop as the top platform. Yes, I know the mobile conversions haven’t caught up to the desktop, but the traffic can’t be ignored or ignored at your own risk.
- The Holiday season truly turning into a season for retailers, not just a few disparate online shopping days
- The increase of software as a service for ecommerce – like Bigcommerce
- Better metrics around mobile
- The rise of trademark plus in search
- Our partners that help us be more relevant and connected: Yotpo, Bigcommerce and Americaneagle.com
- The affiliate networks we are proud to work with: CommissionJunction, ShareASale, RakutenLinkshare, AvantLink, AffiliateWindow and LinkConnector
- All of our great clients
- And of course, the team of great people at eAccountable I have the distinct pleasure of working with
Here’s hoping you and your family have a healthy, happy, joyous holiday season and an exciting, successful 2016!