A global online retailer that sells custom printed products to businesses, advertisers and individuals has a business model that includes regular discounts and as such, is a perfect fit for affiliate marketing. They were also experiencing rapid growth and were eager to seize the opportunity in front of them.
What was holding them back was a lack of resources as well as, uncertainty about the best digital marketing company to support them. What appealed to the client about eAccountable is they had both the consultative and strategic digital marketing services required to support the vision and the tactical manpower to get it done.
After analyzing the client’s corporate goals and marketing programs, eAccountable not only implemented affiliate marketing but early engagement tools to support collecting email addresses, cart abandonment management and affiliate marketing for six additional brands around the globe. The strategy and tactics were as follows:
- Affiliate Program Audit: Reviewed the existing affiliate marketing program, policies, procedures, revenue, publishers etc. Created a plan to fully optimize the program.
- Created and Implemented a Marketing Calendar: Crafted an affiliate marketing promotional calendar to update promotions and allow for full view of entire affiliate program in one document.
- Updated Affiliate Marketing Documentation and Policies: Revised affiliate documentation and policies to be up to date with current practices and supportive of partners.
- Reviewed and Revised Affiliate Commission Structures: Analyzed and modified current affiliate structure to optimize dollars and incentivize publishers.
- Revised Affiliate Ads and Text: Created more enticing ads to help publisher and Banner Buzz success.
- Implemented More Effective Coupon Codes: Ensured technology behind coupon codes and coupon codes themselves were effective and performing as expected.
- Integrated Product Feed into the Program: Exported products from existing shopping platform to the affiliate network.
- Engaged More Top Publishers: Identified and created relationships with top publishers.
- Recruited High Performing Affiliates: Revised program to include the highest performing affiliates.
- Developed and Distributed Regular Newsletters: Created newsletters to keep affiliates up to date on the latest news, promotions and programs.
- Better Review Technology and Management: Implemented Yotpo Reviews to better highlight reviews on the site and on respective product pages.
- Email Capture: Implemented a new email capture tool (Upsellit) to collect more emails and follow up with cart abandons.
- Tightly Monitored Affiliate Campaigns: Reviewed affiliate marketing campaigns and reporting on a weekly basis and adjusted as necessary to ensure program was fully leveraged.
- Ensured No Trade Name Poaching: Verified there was not any conflict with PPC partners
- 60% of orders were from new customers
- 40 – 50% reduction in affiliate program costs
- Met 100% of sales revenue goals of 2016 in one month of 2018
- Up to 37.3% conversion on emails
- Significant increase in sales