PPC Management For Enhanced Conversions

by | Apr 18, 2022 | Blog, Paid Search

When it comes to PPC management for your business, it’s about time you learned about enhanced conversions and how to apply them.

As you already know, the PPC landscape is always changing…

…and to stay in front, you need to stay on top of the changing trends.

So, What Are Enhanced Conversions?

Before we go into what enhanced conversions are, let’s go into why they are necessary.

Browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge have made changes to block Google’s ability to track conversions in PPC ads.

Long story short, all the non-Google Chrome browsers have assembled to make PPC management a headache.

Let’s say you’re a potential customer using Safari on your iPhone.

Usually, when you click on a URL, a “Click ID” will get added to that URL and a conversion will get reported if you buy something.

Now when you click and purchase, the Click ID can’t be appended to the website cookie.

You might be asking…

Why is this a bad thing?

Well first, your data is now off. You don’t know if the PPC ads your company paid for led to certain conversions.

While Google Chrome accounts for a majority of 66.6% global desktop internet browsers, you still have to think about the other 33.4% of non-Chrome browsers.

If you don’t have the most accurate tracking data, it makes it that much harder to know what works and what doesn’t.

Thankfully, there is a workaround.

How Enhanced Conversions Work

Google has introduced enhanced conversions to fix this PPC management tracking problem.

If you’re on a non-chrome browser, and you click on a paid search ad and purchase a product on a company’s website, an enhanced conversion will be enabled.

Your email address used to purchase the product is anonymized and securely matched against anonymized google login data.

Finally, the conversion is reported.

By securely matching the email address used to purchase the product, google is able to report the most accurate conversion number in analytics.

You won’t get enhanced conversion data parsed out from regular conversion data, but you will get the most accurate data to influence your PPC management.

For google search ads, it takes 60 days for enhanced conversions data to reach the front end of your reporting, and for YouTube ads, it takes only 30.

How To Set Them Up

To accurately measure your enhanced conversions, you’ll want to set up robust tagging with either Gtag or Google Tag Manager.

If you only need simple implementation of enhanced conversions, grab Gtag. 

Gtag is especially recommended for advertisers looking to measure ads performed across google run channels.

For those of you who need multiple tags on your site, it’s Google Tag Manager you need.

This more advanced tag manager will allow you to configure and deploy tags from a variety of google products and do the same for non-google products.

Enhanced Results

Still not sold on enhanced conversions?

The online shoe company ASOS just released a case study on enhanced conversion tracking.

To begin with, they compared the results against not having it.

ASOS saw significant gains from enhanced conversions across YouTube and Search, ASOS demonstrated a +8.6% lift in search conversions, and a +31% lift in YouTube for Action conversions.

Carolina Vicente, Media investment director at ASOS said:

“Enhanced conversions helped establish a strong measurement foundation, off of which we can better measure the impact of our YouTube buys.”

See the value now?

If you’d like help with your enhanced conversions – drop us a line.

It won’t cost you anything to chat with one of our PPC experts, and you won’t have to do anything else.

Get in touch right now – before something else distracts you.

Reach Out to See How eAccountable Can Help Your Business

eAccountable’s marketing consultants are standing by to discuss your digital marketing needs and show how we can help grow your business online.