What We Did
Getting traffic and boosting sales to the Vet Approved RX site required a multi-channel strategic digital marketing approach which included:
Business Consultation and Competetive Analysis
- Price Point Evaluation: Analysis and revision of price points to ensure Vet Approved RX was both competitive and optimizing profits.
- Thorough Evaluation of How to Best Leverage Amazon: Similar to many companies, Vet Approved RX struggled with how to make Amazon a partner instead of a competitor.
- Evaluated Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAPP): Analyzed pricing policy to ensure the required margins were do-able while maintaining strong and supportive relationships with all vendors.
Marketing Strategy and Optimization
- Paid Search: Launched a Google shopping campaign and paid search ads with a focus on being price competitive and generating high margin products in PLAs. Also, we managed the process to ensure we received the proper documentation to sell pharmacy products online
- Paid Social: Revamped paid social efforts with product retargeting and prospecting to lookalike audiences
- Email Capture: Implemented a new email capture tool (Upsellit) and devised a new email marketing campaign which included incentives for providing contact information, follow up emails, abandon cart emails and educational emails from in house veterinarians. Program had a strong emphasis on acquiring new email addresses from cold audiences.
- Created Private Affiliate Network: Exclusive affiliate network was created to incentivize vets to buy directly from Vet Approved RX.
Technical Evaluation and Improvements
- Technical SEO: Completed a technical audit, identification and prioritization of issues inhibiting SEO and optimal customer experience.
- Better Review Technology and Management: Switched to Yotpo Reviews, created a program to better highlight reviews on the site and on respective product pages, created a campaign to highlight reviews on Facebook to drive traffic to the site. Incentivized reviewers to create repeat purchasers.
- Fixing Product Feeds: At the onset of the engagement, Vet Approved RX had numerous issues with their product feeds. eAccountable investigated the issues, identified the issue and solution and implemented the required fix.
- Add SMS Shipping Notifications: Implemented system to send SMS shipping notifications as well as notifications for refills and recurring orders.