Vet Approved RX provides only high quality pet medications, foods and other supplies at affordable prices. They also provide pet care guidance from an experienced and licensed veterinarian to answer your questions.
Their business model was enviable – the voice and founder of their company was well respected and loved, customers lined up to buy from them and they had a strong conversion rate.
Then, Google changed the rules about selling pharmaceutical products online and this had a very serious impact on Vet Approved RX. Without the required .pharmacy URL, sales were declining and they needed a new strategic approach to regain online sales. In addition to this, technical issues were further impacting their ability to drive sales. They needed both digital marketing consultative strategy services and a company with the tactical chops to execute on the vision. They came to eAccountable for help.
Increase in online
Increase in website sessions
Increase in SEO Generated Revenue
Increase in paid search revenue
What We Did
Getting traffic and boosting sales to the Vet Approved RX site required a multi-channel strategic digital marketing approach which included:
Business Consultation and Competetive Analysis
- Price Point Evaluation: Analysis and revision of price points to ensure Vet Approved RX was both competitive and optimizing profits.
- Thorough Evaluation of How to Best Leverage Amazon: Similar to many companies, Vet Approved RX struggled with how to make Amazon a partner instead of a competitor.
- Evaluated Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAPP): Analyzed pricing policy to ensure the required margins were do-able while maintaining strong and supportive relationships with all vendors.
Marketing Strategy and Optimization
- Paid Search: Launched a Google shopping campaign and paid search ads with a focus on being price competitive and generating high margin products in PLAs. Also, we managed the process to ensure we received the proper documentation to sell pharmacy products online
- Paid Social: Revamped paid social efforts with product retargeting and prospecting to lookalike audiences
- Email Capture: Implemented a new email capture tool (Upsellit) and devised a new email marketing campaign which included incentives for providing contact information, follow up emails, abandon cart emails and educational emails from in house veterinarians. Program had a strong emphasis on acquiring new email addresses from cold audiences.
- Created Private Affiliate Network: Exclusive affiliate network was created to incentivize vets to buy directly from Vet Approved RX.
Technical Evaluation and Improvements
- Technical SEO: Completed a technical audit, identification and prioritization of issues inhibiting SEO and optimal customer experience.
- Better Review Technology and Management: Switched to Yotpo Reviews, created a program to better highlight reviews on the site and on respective product pages, created a campaign to highlight reviews on Facebook to drive traffic to the site. Incentivized reviewers to create repeat purchasers.
- Fixing Product Feeds: At the onset of the engagement, Vet Approved RX had numerous issues with their product feeds. eAccountable investigated the issues, identified the issue and solution and implemented the required fix.
- Add SMS Shipping Notifications: Implemented system to send SMS shipping notifications as well as notifications for refills and recurring orders.
Exceeded Annual Goals
PPC & SEO Exceeded Targets
- 767% increase in Paid Search revenue
- 35% increase in SEO generated revenue
Rebuilt Previously Lost Traffic
- Average Order Value increased by 10%
- 25% improvement in site performance
- 130% improvement in mobile site score
- 315% increase in website sessions
Optimized for Conversions
- 283% increase in online revenue
- 128% increase in emails captured
- 123% increase in email traffic
- 158% increase in email revenue
Vet Approved RX Expansion
- Vet Approved RX opened a second office with new services and continues to be significant voice and influence in the industry
Testimonial from Vet Approved RX
“In May 2016 eAccountable began managing our affiliate marketing and had a lot to do to clean up the mess we had from a previous agency. Even with all the clean-up they had to do, we still had good growth, but for the last year they have had excellent results for our affiliate program. As of February 2018 our affiliate program revenue is Up 224% YoY, with a 8.5% CR, all while keeping our AOV high.
In my opinion, one of the best aspects of working with everyone at eAccountable has been that they are more of a partner invested with us in our growth. They have remained very professional, but personable and available.
We started our SEO with them a little over a year ago and in February our organic revenue is up 161%. Our Total Search Revenue is up 189%! And Total Site Revenue up 137%. We had done very little SEO previously, but we were really excited about the potential.” – Neal Miller, Chief Operating Officer